Saturday, January 2, 2010

Without a Word

Read an interesting article in the paper today- no seems to know what to call the first ten years of 2000. Of all the words in the languages today, no one has quite come up with a word for those years.

Isn’t that often like feelings? Many times what I am feeling, I lack the words to adequately describe it. Perhaps I just do not yet know the words. I am so glad that I do not need words for my heavenly Father to know what I need, for He understands my groans, my cries.

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will.” Romans 8:26-27

Digging further: Psalm 102: 19-20; Psalm 38:8-9; Psalm 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment