Friday, January 29, 2010

Are You Listening?

Job 13: 5 “If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom” (NIV)

Do you listen with your answers running? It often seems like others don’t listen when I talk, or wait, maybe it is I who does not listen when others talk. There is value in true listening. You can discover what a person is really saying when you truly listen. Just because someone says that they are fine when asked how you are, does not mean they are fine. But ,if you do not listen, you will not know the truth.

We are not called to have the answer for every situation and problem. We are called to listen, and through true listening to hear the words of the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gaylene! What truth you have here!!!

    Mercy! I find myself doing just that! If my mind is already preoccupied...it is sometimes so hard to listen...but that's what God is CALLING us to do!

    ReplyDelete