Friday, August 13, 2010

Nakacations

USA Today (newspaper of choice if I must read one) reported that 2010 is the year of Nakations! It is a new word (shades of neologism in my mind) that means naked vacations. I like vacations, love all kinds of traveling and experiencing different things, but this is a bit much for this grandma.

"Travelers indicate in their reviews that the real appeal of nude beaches has nothing to do with flaunting one's flesh or checking out the neighboring eye candy," said Amelie Hurst, a TripAdvisor spokeswoman. "Rather the spaces often benefit from a lack of crowds and beautiful settings that can be enjoyed by any demographic." Yep, that is so why those who go to the nude beaches, ……….. really?

Guess traveling is light since no clothes have to be packed. I think, however, that I will skip the Nakation this year. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I checked my calendar and... ummmm nope, I'm busy that day.... LOL

    ReplyDelete