Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hiding My Sin

"But I know you well- where you stay and when you come and go." 2 Kings 19:27a, Isaiah 37:28a.

I remember watching a tv show where a very special vase had been broke by kids playing ball in the house, something they had been repeatedly told not to do. The kids tried to glue to vase back together and looked like a successful job. At least until the mother went to water the plant and the water seeped out everywhere. The kids were found out.

Now and then I am like that when I sin. I want to try and hide what I have done from God. I know better. God is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, so why do I try and hide it from Him? Guilt, shame, pride. And yet, the bible tells us in Numbers 32:23 “and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.” Through the work of the Holy Spirit God works on my heart about the sin, and about trying to hide it from Him.
However, when I confess, forgiveness is immediate. My father loves me and wanted to have that sin out in the open so that I may rid myself of it and have the desired relationship with Him.

Father, forgive me for trying to hide my sin and for my sin. I know You are loving and want me to walk in your ways, ways that are for my good. I ask for forgiveness and thank you that You see me, when I am good, and when I am bad and You love me regardless. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment