Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Who is Jesus to you?

“And then He asked them, “But who do you say I am?” Matthew 16:15

I am fascinated by the many names describing who Jesus is. He is the Son of God, Lord, Redeemer, Alpha and Omega, Immanuel, Word, Bread of Life. He is our Mediator, our Jehovah-Jireh. He is the Ever-last Father, the Good Shepherd, the Mighty One, the Prince of Peace, and the King of Kings. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. And, the list goes on and on for Jesus Is.

Who is Jesus to you? Is He a genie in a bottle, a name proclaimed when times are desperate? Is He the baby whose birth you celebrate by forgetting Him in the busyness of the holiday? Someday you will be called upon to say who Jesus is; don’t be caught unaware. Jesus can be your all. Just call upon His name and He can be what means the most, Savior.

1 comment:

  1. He is THE Beginnning and the END. HE is the Alpha and the Omega! He is Jehovah Jireh -- for He provides my every need. He is the very air that I breathe and the joy of my life. He is my Lord and my God, and He is my Savior and Deliverer.

    Great post. Thanks for making me think about who He really is to me.

    ReplyDelete